This paper mainly presents INVT CHV110 series inverter used for injection moulding machine in India. It gives the detailed solution for old injection moulding machine retrofitting to save energy. Engineering practice shows that INVT CHV110 series inverter has good performance and stability on injection moulding machine.
Keywords: CHV110, energy saving, invterter, injection moulding machine.
The plastics processing industry is one of the biggest light industries in India, there are more than 50,000 related companies. And tens of thousands of old injection molding machines are widely applied in various processing in those companies which are imported from China, Gemery and Japan years before. These machines are without inverters and consume huge electricity. In order to decrease the production costs and improve the competitiveness of the products, inverters have to be applied in these machines to decrease the electricity consumption.
INVT CHV110 series inverter is spcially designed for injection moulding machine retrofitting. It has the following features:
● Frequency source: Compare pressure and flow signals output, current (0~1A) and voltage (0~10V) signal are valid
● Larger torque at low frequency, quick starting.
● Main circuit bypass function
● Built-in DC reactor (15kW~55kW), it can improve the power factor effectively.
● Automatically reset and power failure reset function, it ensures the continuous production and the productivity.
● Fault protection and self-locking.
● Strong anti-jamming capability.
II. Energy saving principle in injection moulding machine.
The following picture is showing the working flow of injection moudling machine.
Simply, there are six steps in one working cycle:
1) Molding and locking
2) Injection device moving forward
3) Injection and maintaining pressure
4) Cooling and pre-plastification of the products
5) Drawing back of the injection device
6) Mold unloading and product ejection
And the energy consumption diagram is as follows:
The red curve is the energy consumption of operating at grid power, and the green curve is the energy consumption of operating at inverter mode. The green eare is the total energy saving.
III. Successful case of INVT CHV110 series inverter
1, Site information
Totally there are 120 units injection moulding machine in the customer factory which imported from China eight years before. So far INVT has retrofitted 60 units, the rest are under process. One of the machine information and inverter configurations is as follows:
|Type of the injection molding machine||HAI TAI CHINA|
|Motor rated power||45kW|
|Motor rated frequency||50Hz|
|Motor rated voltage||3phase 415V|
|Motor rated speed||1470rpm|
|Motor rated current||90A|
|Type of the equipped frequency inverter||CHV110-045G-4|
2, CHV110 electrical configuration diagram for the injection moulding machine
Standard connection diagram of the application of CHV110 in injection molding machine
3, CHV110 parameters setting for injection moulding machine
|Function Code||Name||Description||Setting Value|
|P0.00||Control mode||0, Sensorless vector control||0|
|P0.01||Running command source||1, Terminal||1|
|P0.02||Up/Down setting||2, Invalid||2|
|P0.03||Frequency A command source||2, AI3||2|
|P0.04||Frequency B command source||1, AI4||1|
|P0.06||Frequency commande selection||3, A+B||3|
|P0.11||Acceleration time 0||0.0~3600.0s||0.7|
|P0.12||Deceleration time 0||0.0~3600.0s||1.5|
|P2.00||Inverter model||0:G model||0|
|P2.01||Motor rated frequency||0.01Hz~P0.07||50|
|P2.02||Motor rated speed||0~36000rpm||1470|
|P2.03||Motor rated voltage||0~3000V||415|
|P2.04||Motor rated current||0.1~2000.0A||90|
|P2.05||Motor rated power||1.5~900.0kW||45|
|P4.12||FWD/REV enable when power on||1, Enable||1|
|P5.25||AI3 lower limit||-10.00V ~10.00V||0|
|P5.26||AI3 lower limit corresponding setting||-100.0%~100.0%||0|
|P5.27||AI3 upper limit||-10.00V ~10.00V||8.8|
|P5.28||AI3 upper limit corresponding setting||-100.0%~100.0%||100%|
|P5.30||AI4 lower limit||0.00V~10.00V||0.5|
|P5.31||AI4 lower limit corresponding setting||-100.0%~100.0%||0|
|P5.32||AI4 upper limit||0.00V~10.00V||9.4|
|P5.33||AI4 upper limit corresponding setting||-100.0%~100.0%||100%|
|P8.16||Fault auto reset times||0~3||3|
1, Total 60 nos CHV110 (power range: 30~75kW) have been installed, the energy saving ratio is about 30%
2, Customers' comments
● The production costs are significantly reduced; the energy-saving effect is remarkable;
● The noise in the operating environment is reduced; the temperature of the oil system is lowered;
● The motor is started smoothly, so the impact on the power grid and the machine is reduced, and the equipment maintenance is reduced;
● The efficiency of the power grid is increased and the power grid capacity used is reduced, thus the cost of power grid expansion is saved;
● The impact of mold-locking open is reduced, which will extend the service life of machinery and molds;
● The service life of hydraulic system is extended, thus maintenance times will be fewer and a lot of maintenance costs will be saved;
● It has a variety of motor protections, such as over-voltage, over-current and absent phase;
● Energy-saving and power frequency can be easily switched, to ensure that the production is not affected when fault occurs in the energy-saving system.
Engineering practice shows that INVT CHV110 series inverter has good performance and stability on injection moulding machine. It can effectively solve the current problems faced by the frequency transformation of injection molding machines; it is an effective method for energy-saving. It is worth promoting in the plastics industry.
《CHV110 series inverter operation manual》
《Introduction of the Structure and Principles of the Injection Molding Machine》